OWI Drunk Driving Defense
Experience. Knowledge. Integrity. Gregory Rothstein has represented thousands of drivers arrested for operating under the influence, and the reason is simple: satisfied clients who tell family members and friends charged with operating under the influence to call Rothstein Law Office.
Knowledgeable OWI Attorney Providing Information You Can Use
A drunk driving arrest in Wisconsin can result in any number of specific statutory charges, each with different elements that must be proven in order for the prosecutor to obtain a conviction:
- Operating or Driving under the influence of alcohol (OWI, DWI, and DUI)
- Operating or Driving with a prohibited alcohol concentration (BAC or PAC)
- Operating or Driving under the influence of a controlled substance (prescription medication)
- Operating or Driving with any detectable amount of a restricted controlled substance (THC, cocaine, heroin, etc.)
- Refusal to submit to a chemical test
Equally as important as the specific charge brought against you is your particular case history. Information that relates to a first offense bears almost no relationship to what is important for a fourth offense, and trying to address OWI in a broad fashion will not provide you with the relevant information you need. Here is a list of the most common OWI cases that we have worked with:
- 1st offense OWI
- 2nd offense OWI
- 3rd offense OWI
- 4th offense OWI - misdemeanor
- Felony OWI - 4th, 5th, and 6th offense
- Operating under the influence of a controlled substance
- OWI and underage alcohol cases
- OWI and commercial drivers
- OWI and car accidents
- OWI with a minor passenger
- 7th, 8th, and 9th offense
- 10th and subsequent offense
- OWI causing injury–misdemeanor
- OWI causing great bodily harm–felony
- OWI causing death–felony
Fighting for the Best Result in Your DUI Case
Rothstein Law Office will study the allegations against you and then try to seek a dismissal or reduction of charges which may include filing one or more of the following legal challenges:
In the event of a conviction, Rothstein Law Office will present strong arguments to the Court to achieve the best result possible, including avoiding or minimizing jail time, obtaining probation or home monitoring as an alternative to incarceration, and helping you protect your eligibility to obtain an occupational driver's license.
Some cases can only be resolved by trial—and that is usually to a jury. Rothstein Law Office uses detailed preparation of your case, 35 years of trial experience, and aggressive and persuasive advocacy before that jury to give you the best chance of a not guilty verdict. There is no other way.
Get the hardest working DUI lawyer in Milwaukee
If you have been arrested for drunk driving, you need a Milwaukee attorney with a reputation for winning Wisconsin DUI cases. For a free initial consultation with an aggressive DUI lawyer, make an appointment at Rothstein Law Office.