About Gregory Rothstein
Milwaukee Attorney for Criminal Law, OWI and Traffic Defense,
and Personal Injury Claims
Gregory Rothstein is President of Rothstein Law Office, SC. He practices in all Wisconsin counties in the areas of criminal law, OWI/DUI, traffic violations and personal injury. Mr. Rothstein's criminal law practice includes the defense of people arrested for OWI/DUI, sex crimes, drug crimes and domestic violence. He also represents victims of automobile and motorcycle accidents.
Mr. Rothstein has received the AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, signifying the highest level of legal ability, ethics and professionalism as judged by his peers in the legal profession. A highly-successful lawyer in Milwaukee, Mr. Rothstein has been recognized as a Wisconsin SuperLawyer every year since the inception of the peer-based award (2005 to 2019). According to Mr. Rothstein, his success is the result of hard work and preparation — there is no substitute. He has earned a 10 "Superb" rating from AVVO based on his years of experience, industry recognition, and professional conduct.
Mr. Rothstein is a graduate of Loyola University and the Marquette University School of Law. During law school, he was a member of the Marquette Law Review and his article on the use of hypnosis in a criminal prosecution was published in the Marquette Law Review. He was also a judicial intern to the Milwaukee County Courts serving the Honorable Michael Goulee and the Honorable Harold Jackson.
Mr. Rothstein is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He is admitted to practice in all Wisconsin state courts as well as the United States District Court for both the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin.
- Marquette University, Juris Doctor, 1984
- Law Review member and contributor
- Loyola University, Bachelor of Arts, 1981
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Honors & awards
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- Wisconsin SuperLawyer, 2005-2019
- AVVO rating of 10 "Superb" for Criminal Defense in Wisconsin
- Selected for Membership into The National Trial Lawyers' Top 100
- Selected for Membership into The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Chosen as Top 10 Attorney Award for State of Wisconsin by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Inc
- Selected for Membership as one of the “10 Best Attorneys” for Wisconsin by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- Chosen as Wisconsin TOP 10 Attorneys for DUI by Attorney and Practice Magazine
- Selected for Membership as one of the “10 Best Attorneys” for Wisconsin by the American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys
- Selected as a Top Rated Lawyer by Legal Leaders to published in The National Law Journal
- Selected as one of the Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyers in Wisconsin by the American Society of Legal Advocates
- Selected for Membership to the American Jurist Institute “Top 10 DUI/DWI Attorneys” for Wisconsin
- Selected for America’s Top 100 Attorneys “Lifetime Achievement” Award in Wisconsin
- Designated by the Wisconsin Law Journal and its readers as “Best DUI Attorney”
- Recognized by the National Advocacy for DUI Defense as one of the Top Attorneys in Wisconsin
- Recognized by the National Academy of Jurisprudence as one of the “Premier 100” trial attorneys for Wisconsin
- Selection as a Member of the Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Selected and invited to be “Best Attorney” Lifetime Charter Member of Rue’s Ratings Best Attorneys of America
- Selected to the Lawyers of Distinction Recognizing Excellence in the Practice of Law